NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Dark theme for PhpED (works on PhpED 8.1 to 14.0). Enjoy!

Wombat Sosia theme taken from another IDE and ported to PhpED. This works in 8.1 to 14.0 (both 64 and 32 bit)

I've only tried this on my own pc (windows 8 pro), but it should work for everyone. It uses a simple batch file with the registry entries and contains the hl.cfg aswell (which is everything you need for a complete change of theme).

If anyone decides to try it and it works well for them, any feedback would be appreciated.

Please take note that this will remove your current theme completely, unless you have backed it up first using the settings manager pinned at the top of this sub-forum (this only applies to 8.1 to 12).

I have provided the original PhpED Theme so you can restore it to the original if you would like to. Both are available at the link below.

Update: Should work for PhpED 13 and 14. It uses their new theme file format. Just download, unzip and import.

Update: Ge.tt seems to be down quite a lot lately. Alternate link should work if ge.tt doesn't.

_http://ge.tt/8cbybZj
_http://traptta.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com

Remember to remove the underscore at the beginning of the link.

Enjoy!

Traptta

Last edited by Traptta on Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:17 am; edited 17 times in total

I've now added the files at the download link to restore the theme that comes with PhpED.

Now works for PhpED 10.0 too.
Dark theme for whole IDE

I would really like if the whole IDE, not just code area could be in the dark theme, similar to Visual Studio 2012: _http://blogs.msdn.com/b/visualstudio/archive/2012/05/29/visual-studio-dark-theme.aspx

Thank you.
Package is malicious warning??

Does anyone else get this warning from their browser when they download the skin? I've actually never had Chrome tell me something is malicious before, so I thought I had better check first.

Hi ahathaway (Anne Hathaway? lol, nice nickname)

I put together the theme. I've never had anyone mention it before in the few hundred downloads the theme has had. All that's in the theme is a batch file which will change the colours in the registry and it'll copy over the hl.cfg to the nusphere folder at the same time. Both of these are basically plain text files (zipped for convenience).

You're welcome to run any of the file(s) through an online virus scanner (edit: or one on your pc). It should come up clean.

It's also possible for the ads on ge.tt to trigger the malware warning. Unfortunately I can't control them.

Traptta

Yes I think this is probably the case (with the batch file modifying the registry) that has caused Chrome to be on high alert over the file. I ran it through Malwarebytes and it came up clean as well as Avast. I guess I just became a little concerned as I mentioned before I have never had Chrome perform any type of quarantine operation before.

That said I plan to try it out just as soon as I get some time to run the batch and then restart my machine. 8^)

Thanks for the speedy reply!

Oh and just saw your comment about the Anne Hathaway thing... lol, not quite. She is perhaps a distant relative somehow at best. 8^)

That's okay, I just happened to be online as you posted Smile

If the restarts to get the theme applied, it's not necessary, just restart phped. If it's for something else, just ignore me Smile

Oh, lol, I was more just asking if that's what the nickname meant. I'd be surprised if the actual Anne Hathaway was a user of phped!
Re: Dark theme for whole IDE

pavolgoga wrote:
I would really like if the whole IDE, not just code area could be in the dark theme, similar to Visual Studio 2012: _http://blogs.msdn.com/b/visualstudio/archive/2012/05/29/visual-studio-dark-theme.aspx

A dark theme would be great.
Dark theme for PhpED (works on PhpED 8.1 to 14.0). Enjoy!