NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
cvs update bug or not ?
Veteran

Currently all my files have locks next to them since i don't have them marked as cvs->edit. If i do a CVS update on a branch and it has a new file in it, that file is automatically marked as in-edit ie: no lock next to it. in order to get the lock on it, i have to mark as edit, then un-edit and it will add the lock icon next to it.

Is this a bug ?
View user's profileFind all posts by deltenerSend private messageVisit poster's website

>it has a new file in it

What does it mean ?
Do you mean that you've added a file that is not in the repository ?
In this case don't expect CVS to work for this file until you add it to there.

In this case it's not a bug.
Anyway, phped does not control lock (readonly) flag. It's done by CVS only.
Veteran

I don't think you quite understand what i mean..When i mark an existing file in my project as CVS->Edit it will remove the lock icon. I realize this is merely a graphical representation and that through CVS no actual locking is occuring and there is no such thing as an exclusive checkout in CVS as there is in Visual Source Safe.

Anywhoo, if i do a CVS->update on a node/folder and NEW files are copied from the CVS repository, they are graphically represented WITHOUT a lock, which as explained above would mean that they are in edit mode. But this isn't the case. I found out yesterday that on some, i can simply select them and do a CVS->UnEdit and it will return the lock icon to the files, but only on SOME of the files. The remaining ones i have to do CVS->edit (no graphical change occures since it already does NOT have the lock), then CVS->unedit to return the lock.

This seems to be buggy.
View user's profileFind all posts by deltenerSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

Open Tools->Settings, switch to CVS tab and try to set
-z3 -r arguments instead of just -z3 for the Update.

Hope it helps.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
cvs update bug or not ?