NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
cvs root returning an error

I set up a CVS repository on our office server, but in order to protect against potential data loss in the eventuality of an operating system crash, I placed the repositories on a separte drive on the server. Using wincvs I am able to connect to the repository from my workstation. However, when I attempt to use the cvs client inside of phped I get the following error.

Bad CVSROOT: `:pserver:username:password@server:F:/cvsrepo/reponame'

I think the cvs client is having a hard time with the F: portion of the repository path, but I am not sure how else to identify the appropriate path in the cvs root. I tried using the name of the drive instead of the drive letter (e.g. /drivename/cvsrepo/reponame) but I just recieved an error stating that there was no such repository available.

Is there some other way to identify the appropriate path in the cvs root in a way that the phped cvs client will accept?
View user's profileFind all posts by elliotonehouseSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

You may want to try out a different CVS for Windows server (daemon).
I'd recommend you use one shipped with Cygwin if you want to work under Windows.

Last edited by dmitri on Thu Feb 12, 2004 8:28 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

I noticed that CVSNT wasn't having the same problems, and that you can tell the cvs client in phped where to look for the cvs.exe file.
Now I am able to use cvs inside of phped with the full csv repository path in the cvsroot.
View user's profileFind all posts by elliotonehouseSend private messageVisit poster's website
cvs root returning an error