NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
CVS Delete

The CVS client works pretty well, but unless I am mistaken, if you want to delete something from the repository, you still have to jump into the cvs command line to get the job done. It would be cool if you could add a cvs delete feature to your cvs client.
View user's profileFind all posts by elliotonehouseSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

We thought that it's a really rarely used command.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Veteran

I'm looking for the same functionality. We're porting an entire site (100+ pages) from asp to php. We create the new php pages and slowly port them page by page. We then want to delete the old pages from the cvs repository once the page is ported. Doing that manually with 100+ pages isn't feasible. We also have 3 additional sites to do this with as well.

in closing...

This feature is VERY important!
View user's profileFind all posts by deltenerSend private messageVisit poster's website
Any update on this, please
David

Hello,

I was hoping to read more about this feature on the forums, but as far as I can tell, this feature has not been added yet.

I tried doing the following:

Under SETTINGS > CUSTOMISATION, I added a submenu under the CVS menu and named it "CVS Remove".

The command I associated with the menu item is:

-z3 @Repository@ remove "@Name@"

When running this command on a file though, I get an error saying that the file is still in my working directory, and hence can not be removed from CVS.
Is there a workaround for this?

It's not that uncommon as you might think. For instance, we came up with the wonderful idea to group some .class.php into a seperate directory because we felt that we had too many files inside the /Classes directory. However, we can move them locally, and add the copied files to cvs, but whenever we would do a CVS checkout on the project level, the "old" copies still show up as well (this makes sense since they were not removed from the CVS in the first place...)

I hope anyone has an idea on how we can make this work, as we really really need the feature urgently.

Thanks a lot for a great product and support!
Veteran

LOL And a year later....
View user's profileFind all posts by deltenerSend private messageVisit poster's website

deltener wrote:
LOL And a year later....

uhu - I must say I was surprised as well Smile

actually a year ago we didn't have such functionality as extending CVS with new commands Smile))
CVS Delete