NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
custom syntax colors lost after upgrade

Hi there,
today I installed the evaluation copy of phped 7 over my good old 5.9
Now I miss my custom syntax colors.

How can I get them back?

Does this silence mean I should forget about it?

You should have backed them up beforehand. This is true even between minor version upgrades. I write up my most important settings and colors in a file or screenshots, then restore them. Slow but time- and interversion-proof. You can look in the phped folders to check if they are to be found in some old file but I wouldn't cross my fingers on that.
If you had made some screenshot of your IDE sometime in the past, try to match them as close as you can or with the eyedropper in Photoshop.
As to the silence, get used to the fact. For some reason only Dmitri is among the admins and/or devs who are answering here from time to time and it seems on rare occasions.

I assume the custom colours were originally setup for PHP5.2 rather than PHP5.3 in the settings. From 6.x, the separate 5.2 and 5.3 settings were dropped in favour of a single PHP setting... but this IIRC, actually inherited from the 5.9 PHP5.3 settings rather than 5.2.. so you'll need to reconfigure them unfortunately.

Cheers..

Ian
Site Admin

Ian.H wrote:
IIRC, actually inherited from the 5.9 PHP5.3 settings rather than 5.2.

You're right. More than a year ago we swithced to single set of color settings for php coloring. Old versions had different settings for all three supported branches of php: php v4.x, v5.0-5.2 and v5.3. It wasn't convenient for users -- in face of supporting HTML 3.2/4.0/4.0frames/5.0, XHTML 1.0 etc, it would easily cause a headache to set them all.