NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Custom project properties

How do I add a custom project property please?

I want to use phpDocumentor for multiple projects so of course want to set a different title etc for each project but I can only set the path it seems and not add a new custom property... Or am I trying to do it in the wrong place ?

Thanks
Site Admin

right click on the project->properties->custom tab.

I'm still not sure how to add a new one though ? I want to add something like a project title, so when i call phpDocumentor it can pick up @ProjTitle or something so i can run the same command on different projects and have it insert a different title into the command line, or @DocStyle or something to get a different documentation style for each project... There's no way that you'd want to go editing the command line option every time you want to change something like this - the only other way is to duplicate the menu option for each project but then you end up with loads of menu items!

The only option i get in custom seems to be the target folder for documentation, but with no option to add a new custom property in there. Or is that not what custom properties should be used for, and if so, how do I go about configuring the system to do what I want ?

Thanks
Site Admin

Open tools->settings->Integration, and double click on the PHP Documentor.
You'll see that it runs with Shell and its command line is like below
@php@ "C:\Program Files\nusphere\phped\phpDocumentor\phpdoc" -t "@Projpath(phpdoc_target_dir)@" -dn "@Project@" -d "@FName@" -ti "Generated documentation"

where @Projpath(phpdoc_target_dir)@ is a macro expanded with phpdoc_target_dir value entered in the project properties.
You can add any other values to be passed to Php Documentor in the command line. There are two options for this: @Projpath(XXXX)@ that expects a valid local path and @Proj(XXX)@ that accepts any literal values. If for example you add

@php5@ "C:\Program Files\nusphere\phped\phpDocumentor\phpdoc" -t "@Projpath(phpdoc_target_dir)@" -dn "@Project@" -d "@FName@" -ti "@Proj(ti_arg)@"
it will be run with php5 CGI module and ti_arg will be shown on the Custom tab in the project properties.

Last edited by dmitri on Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total

I just wanted to add to this because this thread came very much in handy for me today - however, I think in the last command where it reads:

Code:
"Proj(ti_arg)"

I think it should be:

Code:
"@Proj(ti_arg)@"

In order to be read properly. That's how I ran it and it worked great. Thanks again!
View user's profileFind all posts by unarmedmanSend private messageVisit poster's website
Custom project properties