NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Custom font size and family for Tabs
Veteran

Please! Smile

What about custom font size for Tabs?!

Still nothing new here? Please?!

Tabs as well as other Window components are drawn by Window theme manager. We can't freely change the size of the font because size of the background pictures are hardcoded into the theme.

dmitri, are You kidding? sorry dmitri, but it schould be possible to change font's size (visual studio allows that) and every time I write some app in VS and I use treeview I can do that, so why here it is so hard? As I can see there are almost everywhere treeviews so it is very simple to change the font of it (and vertical align for icons could be default set to middle).

Visual studio that allows that, does not use theme manager to draw the tabs. These tabs are produced with custom component and therefore their size is ajustable.
On the other hand, they won't change their look if you change Window's theme and this is not good, btw.

Quote:
I write some app in VS and I use treeview I can do that

Does treeview require any background? No. That explains. Technically you can change the font and make it size bigger, but big fonts will be drawn above and below the tab or will be cut because the background size is fixed in height.

If You set really big font, yes, but for example if You set Tahoma, 12 or Tahoma, 10 - then everything will be ok - this could be same font, but two points bigger. That's all. So maby option in "View": "Use bigger font" - and then two points more?

dmitri, this is very important thing, really.

Last edited by intro on Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hmmm, looks like I was wrong, sorry.
I just tried and found out that yes it's possible to change font size for the tabs without any problems.

So please please please ... let me save and save my eyes Smile

Some other editors use CTRL+Scroll wheel to change the font size on the fly, which I find very handy. Ones that come to mind are FlashDevelop and PSPad.
View user's profileFind all posts by pineappleclockSend private messageVisit poster's website
Veteran

Just one switch and one size's filed schould be excellent for all tabs Smile

dmitri, please tell, when may I expect this improve? Smile