NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
custom debugger client

Hi,

I am experimenting with writing my own dbg client. I am running win xp with php 4.3.2. I've installed dbg along with PHPEclipse. I am able to run the debugger in the PHPEcllipse environment so I know it's setup properly.

I made a very very simple test Java program where I open a ServerSocket on port 7869 and wait for connections and dump any contents that come over the wire. I run this program test client then run a simple php page from command line, i.e. php.exe foo.php. The problem is I never get a debugger connection on the Java client. I have a feeling I simplified this to much?

Here are my php.ini settings

debugger.enabled = On
debugger.profiler_enabled = On
debugger.hosts_deny = ALL
debugger.hosts_allow = localhost, 127.0.0.1, 9.33.68.255
debugger.ports = 7869, 10000/16
debugger.JIT_host = clienthost
debugger.JIT_port = 7869
debugger.JIT_enabled = On
debugger.fail_silently = Off

Any Ideas,
Brian
Site Admin

Sorry, what's the question ? You want me to teach you how to write your own Java client or what ?
Certainly debugger does not connect to the client until either it is explicitly requested or JIT condition happened.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

Let me try and clarify. I don't want you to teach me how to write my own Java client. My question has to do with specifically how and when the debugger makes a connection to a client. How does one explicitly request the debugger? I would assume a JIT condition would occur upon an error? Am I correct in assuming that the debugger would never connect to a client if an error has not occured?
Site Admin

Debugger is supposed to connect to the client if either of the following conditions met
-debug session is requested (see FAQ http://forum.nusphere.com/howto-run-debug-session-t585.html on how to do it)
-a regular error (E_WARNING as well as other E_xxx) occured _and_ it is sufficiently high to pass by JIT error level and JIT is enabled.
I would recommend you to rely on the first condition as the main way.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

That's exactly what I was looking for. Thankyou!!
custom debugger client