NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Custom code hints in IDE?

How do I add custom functions to code hints, since I like to write more twoards oop I would like to be able to define my custom functions, and possibly have them popup in the suggestion list, maybe I am just missing something, but the help didnt help. Question
Site Admin

If you want some functions to be added permanently, please open Tools->Settings, switch to Reserved Words and Code Completion tab. Then add whatsoever functions you want. They will be shown in the function list (see Functions window) and in the CodeCompletion hint and popup.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

How do I then provide syntax hints for my custom functions, like phped does with common php functions, it lists the parameters that function uses.

Thanks!
Site Admin

How how... easily Smile. Hope the image below explains how... This window appears whenever you add a new function or correct existing.

All functions are stored in func.cfg file which is in xml format so you even may implement your own custom way Smile
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

I thank you for your patience, and I am trying my best to get this to work.

Was this functionality introduced in 3.2? When I go to tools->settings->code complete and press add, it prompts me for the name, and I select function. When I press ok, the function does not appear in the list. I also did a search of my hd for func.cfg and it was not found.

I am using 3.1, win xp pro.
Site Admin

yes, it was added in 3.2.

ddmitrie wrote:
How how... easily Smile.

This can get really tedious. Can't NuSphere automatically detect that we made a new function?

Can NuSphere do code hints for our own classes as well?

Code:

<?php
class MyClass
{
  var $name;
  function MyClass($name)
  {
    $this->name = $name;
  }
  function get_name() {return $this->name;}
  /**
   * @return void
   * @desc Sets the name of the object
   * @param string $name
   */
  function set_name($name) {$this->name = $name;}
}

// create new instance
$my_obj =& new MyClass('test');
$my_obj->set_

from the end of "->set_", the code-hint should popup with the function name, arguments with expected data type, and return. similar to what ZendStudio does. Same with anything else that was include()/require(). Before anyone says it, sometimes copying ideas work and are just plain needed. Look how good the wheel works in our automobiles.
Site Admin

Okay. What shown in the screeshot is for standard functions available with PHP extensions. As with your own defined in PHPDOC style comments, they are fullly supported in PHPED 3.3.

small bug: the object code hint doesn't work with functions that have the same name as built-ins

eg: $smarty->assign()

great work with 3.3, it looks really impressive now that it has obj hints Very Happy
Custom code hints in IDE?