NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
CPU Spike - Build 4624

I upgraded from the evaluation build 4621 yesterday to the release version 4624 and I have noticed a half dozen times in the last day phped will take 99% of my cpu for a few minutes and then comes back
Site Admin

It probably happens just one time for each project in the workspace when IDE rebuilds code insight database.
What steps/or your actions did preceed such "spikes"?

Hi anybody,
i got this Problem also with 4625. About 10 Projects open stored on a Samba Server (wich ist also Doc root of my Apache2 ...)
phped takes about 75 to 98% from CPU and makes the system runs realy slow.
A also have installed the new Panda AV Programm ... but i don't think that it's realy a problem ..
Site Admin

Panda as many other AV products injects its dll into address space of each running process and monitors their file read/write activity. It's clear that this most probably is the reason for slow down.
I have ~ 2000 on samba shared on the same LAN and no slowdown happens at all. CPU does never raise higher 3-5% while working in the IDE.

I just downloaded Build 4627 and I'm still seeing this jumpiness/slowness. I have the TrendMicro stuff installed, but none of my other apps behave this way. I turned off all the code insight features, but the problem persists. Even trying to click the standard Windows File menu in the app, it's agonizingly slow. Seeing this behavior even with an empty project.

Too bad, I love using PHPed but it's back to Dreamweaver until the slowness abates...it's just too aggravating.

I have Trend installed as well but do not experience any problems.

What do you see under the task manager, sorted by cpu usage?
Guru master

Don't know if these are related whatsover, bun my PC used to hickup about 4 seconds or more every time I tried to open an IM window to one of the contacts I frequently talked with in Trillian. Later on I found out that this delay was cause by my on-access antivirus program scanning the XML log for that contact and those were pretty big, given the fact they contain several years of logs.

Perhaps your project files (that is the *.ppd ones anyway) are rather large as well and is that what happens. They are XML files but renamed.
What solved the problem for me was adding XML as an extension to the "don't scan" list.
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website
CPU Spike - Build 4624