NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
[resolved] Could not determine client IP address

I installed DBG 3.8.3 on PHP 5.3.0 installed on a Linux server. When trying to start an external debugging session, I get the following error:

Reason: could not determine client IP address
Not sure what it means? Visit http://www.nusphere.com/dbg/ for troubleshooting.

Debugger request: "(null)"
Request found in: "(null)"
Target PHP version: "5.3.x"
Server API: "Apache 2.0 Handler"
Extensions API: "220090626"
Modules API: "20090626"
PHP API: "20090626"

Any ideas?
Guru master

It means that the debugger is unable to determine the address of the client that has the DBGListener running. Which in turn means it cannot connect to it and thus not start a debug session.
Do you happen to start the debug session with DebugBreak () ? If so you should probably add the target IP address. See here for more information.
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website

That worked, thanks! I wonder why I never had to do that before - the debugger was always able to pick up the client IP.

But now its extremely slow... I'm not sure if its due to the new debugger, or its just that PHP 5.3 is slower than 5.2.
Guru master

The slowness is partially dependent on how many variables have to come over the line on each debug step. If you have(need) many variables in the watch window you might want to try to temporarily disable the locals and/or globals panel. That will speed up the process. Right click the panel and pick Disable.
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website

Thanks Blizz.

I had the exact same set up with PHP 5.2.8, and it was working great - fast, no need to pass client IP, etc. I started having the issues after the upgrade, so I'm thinking it could be due to 5.3
Guru master

I've always had the "slow" issues with remote debugging as soon as the number of variables picked up.
I think that DBG has to send the entire php state on each step (including all variables). That is a lot of data and no wonder things slow down.
I still disable both panels when I'm about to remote debug out of habit so I cannot confirm whether the speed has changed.

BTW: For an objective take on all this you should debug the same code with both versions Wink

i had the same problem. i use iis and php 5.3 for debugging. when i set up the project's root url with http://localhost/ the debugger couldn't find the requesting host = localhost.
the problem was, that the REMOTE_ADDR that php gave back was a ipv6 adress.
then i changed root url to 127.0.0.1. this worked, but the whole thing was very slow.

my work around is editing the hosts in %windir%\system32\drivers\etc and commented out the line:
Code:

::1 localhost

after doing that the remote addr was ipv4 and everything works great now.[/code]
[resolved] Could not determine client IP address