NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
[FIXED] Correct the PHP(5) templates

Hello

I'd like to add something about templates. Look at first screenshot. Pay special attention to tabs. I use tabs for indent, never spaces.

When I create new file using this template all tabs are changed into four spaces:

Then after saving new file, every three spaces are converted back to tab, leaving one space for every tab:

This is quite strange and makes using complicated templates unuseful for me, because I have to delete this one left space character. Please don't tell me to change indent from tabs to spaces, it's not an option. Here is my settings screen (maybe I messed something):

Last edited by wenihal on Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Site Admin

Quote:
When I create new file using this template all tabs are changed into four spaces

you may want to use code templates available with Ctrl-J (see in Tools->Settings->Code Templates settings)
They are more friendly to the tab characters.
Regarding file templates, I'll check if we can fix it.

dmitri wrote:
you may want to use code templates available with Ctrl-J (see in Tools->Settings->Code Templates settings)

Thanks for your tip, but build 5232 fixes this issue, thanks a lot. Unfortunately it also introduces new bug with templates. Now "|" is not recognized as "where to place cursor".

Build 5233 fixes all bugs. Many thanks.
[FIXED] Correct the PHP(5) templates