NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Copy Line without Selection

Hi,
first: i really like PHPEd. Great tool for PHP Development.
I would really like to have the following feature/ behaviour:
If there is no selection and you press CTRL+C the current line is copied and with CTRL+X it is cut. Then you can paste it somewhere else.
In PSPAD and Ultraedit it can be activated and in Visual Studio it is the default behaviour.
Maybe it is already included in PHPEd, but I was to stupid to find it. In that case: could you point out the option?
BR
Florian

No reaction in almost three months for a simple request. Evil or Very Mad
In the mean time we have switched to another product which has this feature (and many more) implemented.
Guru master

I use some other editors that have this feature, and I hate it. Sometimes I accidentally press ctrl+C instead of ctrl+V and it annoys me when it destroys the paste buffer by copying the current line. If they do add this, I hope it is an option I can turn off.

Good luck finding a debugger that matches NuSphere DBG Wink
Veteran

I'd like the CTRL+X to delete a line when nothing is selected, but as above, i dont like CTRL+C to copy a line when nothing is selected. I find that annoying, so if its added, please disable by default and add an option to enable it Smile

You can add a shortcut to "delete line" in tools > settings > "editor shortcuts", but not CTRL+X as its already assigned to CUT i believe as default.

plugnplay wrote:

Good luck finding a debugger that matches NuSphere DBG Wink

No problem so far with XDebug.
Guru master

Does that mean Xdebug now allows you to set the next statement position, including going back to a previous statement so you can quickly re-test code?

It didn't used to and when I discussed wth Derick Rethans (one of the developers) a couple of years ago he said he had no plans to implement it.

Each to their own, but for me it is almost a make or break feature. I guess when people don't realise such a feature is possible elsewhere maybe they don't miss it, but after having it, I wouldn't be without it.
Copy Line without Selection