NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Convert syntax highliting colors from 5.9 to 6?

Is there a way to convert the PHPED 5.9 syntax highliting colors to 6? I have put a lot of effort into my color scheme and would like to bring it over.
Re: Convert syntax highliting colors from 5.9 to 6?
Veteran

ShawnMcCool wrote:
Is there a way to convert the PHPED 5.9 syntax highliting colors to 6? I have put a lot of effort into my color scheme and would like to bring it over.

Did you already try installing PhpED 6.0 over version 5.9.x and it didn't work? I changed a lot there, too, so if this doesn't work (yet?), I'd wait until I have a little more time to take care of that.

Normally, the syntax highlighting colors should be saved in C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application data\NuSphere\PhpED\config\hl.cfg (on Windows XP). Maybe it's not too difficult to convert this XML file "manually" to a new format, if necessary.

Cheers,
Jan

Installing 6 over 5 didn't preserve colors and i had to manually copy values from hl.cfg
Try coping whole hl.cfg, maybe it will work for you (for some reason didin't work in my case, but i wasnt coping but restoring file from backup and not 100% sure i tried loading phped with the restored version of the file)
Veteran

alexei wrote:
Installing 6 over 5 didn't preserve colors

That's bad. Sad I hope this will be fixed; I'll just wait a few days.

alexei wrote:
and i had to manually copy values from hl.cfg
Try coping whole hl.cfg, maybe it will work for you (for some reason didin't work in my case, but i wasnt coping but restoring file from backup and not 100% sure i tried loading phped with the restored version of the file)

Thanks, I'll keep that at the back of my mind in case it won't be fixed.

Cheers,
Jan

I can confirm this same behaviour.

Thankfully I only change 2 of the syntax colours, so it wasn't that bad. All the other settings seem to have ported just fine though.
Site Admin

in 5.9 you had to set colors for all 3 branches of php separately: 4.x, 5.x and 5.3. For example if you wanted to change color of variables, you had to do this in 3 places.
Starting with v6, there is only one place and one set of colors. Frankly, it's not clear which of 3 colors of v5.9 would be used for v6 during upgrade. We decided that colors of php 5.3 should be picked.