NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
[fixed] Context menu and selection in workspace dialog

Since i upgraded PhpED from 4.6.3 to 5.0 (Build 5019) the selection in workspace dialog seems to have a bug:

For example when I select 4 files (residing in the same directory) in workspace dialog, right click on one of these now higlighted file names and click on "Upload File(s)" only 3 of the files get uploaded. The one file that does not get uploaded is the one the mouse cursor had been placed over when doing the right click. The same happens when I select one of the other functions in the context menu like CVS commit.
Site Admin

I'm not sure where you got build 5019 Smile build 5020 is officially available since May 1st.
Regarding the problem, please make sure that all 4 files are selected (file names are shown with blue background) when you select "upload" in the popup.

I got build 5019 on April 30 from "My Updates" section on NuSpheres homepage. Anyway, today I installed a freshly downloaded build 5020. I installed this without uninstalling build 5019 first (I also did not uninstall PhpED 4.6.3 before installing Build 5019 some days ago).

With Build 5020 the problem stays. I select some files in workspace (using Ctrl+Right-mouse-button), all of them are shown with blue background. Then I move the mouse cursor over one of those files, click once with right mouse button, click with left mouse button on "Upload Files(s)" in context menu. All files but the one the mouse cursor is over get uploaded as shown in "Transfers" window.

If I start upload function with the hotkey "Shift+Ctrl+S" everything works as expected: all files get uploaded.

Another effect I notice is that after I had this error on uploading files it is not possible to select one file with left mouse click, I see only a dotted frame around the file but no blue background. The selection works again if i close PhpED and start it again.

So I think there is a bug in mouse interface in version 5.0 of PhpED, everything worked fine in version 4.6.2 and 4.6.3. (I am using the same OS, Windows XP and the same machine as I did with 4.6.3)

Hi,

I've got the same problem.
PhpED 5.0 build 5020 on Win XP SP2.
In workspace or explorer - when you select multiple files with CTRL and then select something in context menu, files became unselectable with single click.
The same problem will be if you select multiple files with CTRL and then click on unselected file.
First, I also used to restart program to get it work,
then I found that if you select files with CTRL again
and then click on any empty place in Workspace (but not on other file) - it will fix the problem.
This is definitely BUG.

Another HUGE bug (please fix it ASAP):
When you download file from remote SFTP server, it creates FOLDER named as this file and puts file there!
Also it's impossible to download multiple files from SFTP - only first file is processed.
Site Admin

right, both 5019 and 5020 have this problem. After Ctrl is used just one time, all tree nodes becomes "unselectable".
Please upgrade to 5022 which is avialable now.

dmitri,

What about SFTP problem?
Site Admin

as of build 5022 there are no known problems with SFTP

Hi dmitri,

thank you for this really quick bugfix, multi selection in workspace works fine now.
[fixed] Context menu and selection in workspace dialog