NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
[resolved] Connection to client address XXXX is not allowed

I've been trying almost all day to try to get PHPED Debugger to work on my new dedicated server. I have took screenshots of everything and how I setup, and connected below, its very easy to follow. I just cannot connect, on the putty screen, I try to setup a SSH tunnel, I run the command, and then do the netstat, and you can see. Any help? I hope pictures make it a 1000x easier, thanks so much.

PHP.INI CONFIG

SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED

PHPED SETTINGS

PHP PROJECT PROPERTIES

TRY TO MAKE SSH TUNNELING AND DISPLAY NETSTAT CONFIRMATION

FIREFOX SETTINGS

ERROR!!!!!

--

I pretty much did everything in this order, when I try to connect and do it. I hope this helps alot with he pictures, ideas?
Site Admin

You requested server to start debugging with client IP which is not in the debugger's hosts_allow. That's what "connect to client address xxxx is not allowed" means.
In case of tunnel, you need to use tunnel's far end point, that is in most cases localhost. In this case, put localhost and 127.0.0.1 into hosts_allow and do the same in the toolbar settings (see Machine client host).
BTW, it would start w/o problems if you tried from the IDE, w/o toolbar.

Dmitri is right. In the DBG toolbar options you need to set Machine client host to localhost.

#1 Ok I modified my PHP.ini to:

Code:
 extension=dbg.so-5.2.x
[debugger]
debugger.hosts_allow=localhost 127.0.0.1
debugger.hosts_deny=ALL
debugger.ports=7869, 10000/16

#2 And set my firefox toolbar machine client host to: localhost

---------------

Whenever I try to run phpdebugger from the toolbar, it just loads loads and loads, and never connects succesfully, no error, just loads?
When I try to run the debugger for the IDE, it times out?

*waiting for debug session*
*failed to start debugger session on server (timeout)*

Any ideas on this?
Veteran

I am not sure of the format for specifying multiple hosts for debugger.hosts_allow. For example, is a space between the entries valid, or should it perhaps be a comma? On my server, I have one entry, namely localhost:
Code:
debugger.hosts_allow=localhost

Maybe that will help? Wink

"timeout" means that you did not run ssh tunnel at the moment or you ran it on different port than requested in the URL. You may want to check your server to see if 127.0.0.1/7869 is in listening state and corresponding process is sshd. If you don't see it, check ssh command line arguments.