NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
[resolved] Connecting to mysql

Hi,
I'm receiving this Error message:

When I tried to connect to mysql it returns with Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client error box.

It means you have to replace libmysql.dll that comes with phped with one shipped with mysql database.
Starting with build 3397 PHPEd supports libmysql.dll version 4.x. But can not be distributed with it because of MysqL license.

I'm using a remote Hosted Server by my website and don't know how to replace libmysql.dll.

Help!

Bill
Site Admin

it's client library you need to update and PhpED 4.6 shows local path to this DLL, right?

Hi dmitri

I'm trying to run PhpED on my local PC and when I try to connect to MySQL Server at my WebHost I'm getting the message. Message says to replace libmysql.dll that comes with phped with one shipped with mysql database, which I have and don't have or know how to get it.

Thanks

Bill

- Open the "bin" directory in the folder where you installed MySQL
    - Copy libmySQL.dll from that directory to your PhpED directory (overwrite the existing libmySQL.dll file in your PhpED directory)
    - Try the connection again =)
Veteran

You need to go here:

http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/php/

And grab the offered download. Inside it, you'll find the file you need, which you can just place in the appropriate folder inside the PhpED folder.

Dmitri: It would be very helpful if, instead of shipping an old version of the lib that produces a cryptic error message when you try to use it with most modern MySQL installations, you simply left out the lib and produced a useful error message that told where to go to get download it and where to install it.
View user's profileFind all posts by bobwilliamsSend private messageVisit poster's website

Today I also got the "Client does not support authentication" warning, when I tried to debug in CLI mode instead of webserver mode for the first time in years.

After scanning the forum, foolishly copying libmysql.dll to nusphere\phped and nusphere\phpep\php5 and trying for an hour or so I found the real reason for getting the warning:
In PhpED's settings under IDE->Associations I found a completely outdated association:
Code:
PHP4: *.php4;*.inc4;*.php;*.inc;*.phtml;*.shtml
PHP5: *.php5;*.inc5

...although I always choose PHP5 to be the default PHP version when I install PhpED updates.
Changed this to...
Code:
PHP4: *.php4;*.inc4
PHP5: *.php5;*.inc5;*.php;*.inc;*.phtml;*.shtml

...and solved the problem.

Dmitri, I think the associations should be corrected automatically when choosing PHP5 as default version?!
[resolved] Connecting to mysql