NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
configurations for debug variables
Veteran

could it be possible to have a way to start the debug with sets of variables setted by the developer?

eg:
with config 1 when I run the debug $_GET['a']=1
with config 2 when I run the debug $_POST['b']=1 and $_SESSION['x']=3
and so on

An ide I tested in the past had this feature; I think it's very very usefull to test script without changing manually the values of the variables at each execution.

I would like to have a dropdown menu for the debug button where I can choose my set of predefined variables

I am not so sure you can save these debug variables to defined configurations.

Under Run: Parameters you can define your variables, but again - saving them as a group is not available from what I can see.

Thanks,

yes jtp51, I know; it was an "hidden" feature request for ddmitrie Smile
Re: configurations for debug variables

black wrote:
could it be possible to have a way to start the debug with sets of variables setted by the developer?
I would like to have a dropdown menu for the debug button where I can choose my set of predefined variables

I'd like to second this request. I've often wished for something like this in PphEd in the past.

But, I've wished even more to be able to associate a set of initial debug variables with a specific page/file (might have even requested it in the long ago), so that each file had it's own set of initial paramters that would be used by default when a debug session started in that file.

Combining file-default variables with a menu of predefined variables and a 'make the selected variable definition the default for this file" context menu entry would be ideal.
configurations for debug variables