NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Conditional breakpoints: please add an history

Hello,

Please let me add this to the feature request:

Would it be possible to add a condition history to the breakpoint properties dialog?

I mean, breakpoints condition can be sometimes quite long, complicated and boring to type.
But they are also easy to loose, especially if you accidentally remove the breakpoint and set it again right immediately, or if you need to move it because some lines have been inserted or removed before it in the source script.
And anyway there are many reasons that could make useful to be able to use the same condition several times.

With an history, one could choose an expression among the recent conditions history, and reuse it without the need of entering it completely.

Gingko

+1
Site Admin

Breakpoint condition is entered in multi-line editor, while history would normally be available in a combobox that implies single-line editor. I don't think switching to single-line editor would be highly appreciated.

dmitri wrote:
Breakpoint condition is entered in multi-line editor, while history would normally be available in a combobox that implies single-line editor. I don't think switching to single-line editor would be highly appreciated.

Hello,

There is no need to replace the multi-line editor by a combobox.

Just add a (read-only) combobox near the multi-line editor in order to load conditions in the editor when something is selected in the combobox.

And the combobox doesn't even need to display the whole condition in case this one would be very long. Something like "<begin of condition> ... <end of condition>" could be enough.

A combobox is not the only choice either.

A popup menu like the one we have for "Recent files" opening in many applications (Microsoft Visual Studio is an example) could be another possibility.

Gingko
Conditional breakpoints: please add an history