NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
[fixed] Conditional breakpoint behaviour

Hi All,

I have a problem with conditional breakpoints that's driving me nuts! I've set the following conditional breakpoints and have the same problem with both of them (I'm debugging vTiger here btw)...

strlen($value['date_start']) > 1
key($value['date_start'])=='2008-04-30'

These are all set as "Expression True Global" breakpoints, but when I run in debug, PhpED is inserting a file Location, in my case EditView.php(0), which overwrites the Global setting, and none of these breakpoints end up getting triggered.

If I insert a normal breakpoint in EditView.php and look at the values of $value['date_start'] and key($value['date_start']) I can see that they are set and definitely should have triggered the breakpoints, but they don't - I'm assuming because they're set at (0) and not a real line number.

vTiger is a hideously complicated system and at the risk of sounding melodramatic, if I can't get PhpED's conditional breakpoints working, I think I'm going to have to try Zend or one of the other IDEs, which is a shame as I was just getting to like it!

I'm quite new to PHP, PhpED and vTiger, so any help or ideas much appreciated.

TIA,

Russ.
Veteran

I suspect the problem is that you are using functions in your conditions; I doubt if using functions in conditions are supported. I have only used simply variable comparisons before, and they work fine. So, you will likely have more success creating some temporary variable and then using that in your comparison. For example:
Code:
$date_start_len = strlen($value['date_start'])

and then set the condition to
Code:
$date_start_len > 1

And the same for the use of the key() function.

I hope this helps Wink

Quote:
I doubt if using functions in conditions are supported

they are supported.
we'll check what's up if redkins provides a sample of code to play with. (even will try by ourselves)

Hi Dimitri,

I'm happy to provide code, but I'm not sure what would best help you diagnose the problem. The code I'm trying to debug (vTiger, which is based off SugarCRM) has hundreds (if not thousands) of pages and modules and it's not somethig I wrote myself. It includes Smarty templates and Pear among other things. It is open source, so you could download and install it yourself, but if not, maybe you could give me a hint as to which code I could post that might aid diagnosis.

Thanks,

Russ.
Site Admin

issue is fixed in build 5238

Apologies if this is a dumb question, but how/where can I get the fix?

Thanks,

Russ.
Site Admin

just log into the web site using your account and you'll see My Products link on the left. That's where all the most recent versions of the products are.