NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Comment attached to a breakpoint
Veteran

I'm my code, i have permanent breakpoints that i never disable. They are usually at error points that i need to watch for. It would be helpful if i could add a note or description to the breakpoint list window so i could tell myself what each breakpoint is doing without having to open each one and take a look.
This would save me some time when revisiting code that i haven't seen for a while.

Also, make a "lock" feature so "delete all" doesn't delete "locked" breakpoints.
Site Admin

I'm not sure what lock is for, but you can use Worksets feature. This way you can work with set of {files & breakpoints} -- one workset for one task. When you switch between worksets, the breakpoints will switch too.

I do use worksets very much, infact worksets is the only reason i upgraded from V5.9 Very Happy

"lock" would stop the breakpoint from being deleted. A locked breakpoint CANNOT be deleted without first unlocking it.

In the "view->debug windows->breakpoints" window, a padlock next to the breakpoint would indicate it is locked.

Right click, "delete-all" would NOT delete locked breakpoints, they will always remain.

Hope thats clear.

If you have a samsung S3 cell phone, you can "lock" sms messages in a conversation. delete all messages doesn't delete "locked" messages.

See this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ddc1oNmq_-s

Laughing
Comment attached to a breakpoint