NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Comemnt code out

How can I comment multiple linse of code out and is there a short cut key to do this
Code:

echo "this is a test";
echo "this is another test";

Code:

//echo "this is a test";
//echo "this is another test";

Thanks

<Answer withdrawn>

Last edited by dino on Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profileFind all posts by dinoSend private messageVisit poster's website

I am not sure that you understood my question. I was not looking for advice on PHP coding, just the functionality of the phped program. I use Primal Script and I am able to highlight many rows of code then press crtl+Q to comment the highlighted section out. I am a little disturbed at the reply that you have given me. I just want to say WTF? Get off your high horse and lighten up. If you like lists, at it shows that you do here you go.
1. I think that you owe me and anyone else that you talk to this way an apology.
2. Read posts again to grasp there meaning.
3. Don’t reply if it is not positive. Even if I was posting something that should not be posted here, give a person a break, or don’t post. I would rather get my answers from someone that is willing to help than a jack like you.
I was thinking of buying this product for 20 company employees and wanted to test it out. Being that this is my first post to this board I am not sure that I will. I know that Primal Script does not have much in the PHP functionality that PHPED has but I am able to find friendlier people that can help me out.

<answer withdrawn>

Last edited by dino on Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:05 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profileFind all posts by dinoSend private messageVisit poster's website

I am sorry if I came off hot but I was. Now that has been said lets start off anew. Do you now if there is a short cut key that will allow me comment code out or do I have to do it manually?

Thanks

Again, sorry, I read my last post and I did not clarify my apology.

timgerr wrote:
Do you now if there is a short cut key that will allow me comment code out or do I have to do it manually?

Thanks

Funny enough there is no such thing. There is a function to 'quote' a block of text (puts '>' in front of every line, default shortcut Ctrl-Shift-Q) which is rather useless in a PHP environment, but no comment/uncomment.

I'm sure, if we ask it nicely, we can persuade Dmitri to add it in a next build!
Dmitri, please?
Site Admin

possible, but only in the next version.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

ddmitrie wrote:
possible, but only in the next version.

I would love this feature Smile
View user's profileFind all posts by Rick ChristySend private messageYahoo Messenger

[quote=ddmitrie]possible, but only in the next version.[/quote]
OK, so that was a year and half ago. I'm not seeing it in 4.5. Surely there's been an upgrade since then.

This is basic folks!

Barry
View user's profileFind all posts by bchertovSend private messageVisit poster's website
Veteran

We are almost there - sorry, got too busy rolling out IE debugger tool bars and Smarty. I agree, this is pretty much basic
Comemnt code out