NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic

Should form tags be colored differently if desired?
Yes
88%
 88%  [ 8 ]
No
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

Color Setting for HTML > Form tags

Dreamweaver Confused (sorry to mention that name again) treated the html form tags such as

<form>
<input>
<select>
<textarea>
<option>
etc...

With a different color (the tags themselves and each attribute inside was the same color). Your customizable color scheme works Great, I LOVE it. but this option is not available under Syntax Color -> HTML.

Can you create one more option to color all the FORM tags a color of my choice under HTML syntax colors?

If anybody else wants this same feature, please vote on pole!
Thanks Very Much! Very Happy

Last edited by dlite922 on Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:54 am; edited 1 time in total

I knew i saw somethind similar to my above post:

syntax-coloring-html-php-t4034.html

So in summary

We would like more options for coloring added. Those of you who don't like it, don't use it! But majority agree that in

HTML: FORM, IMG, ANCHOR tags be colored differently

and in

PHP: $_POST, $_GET, $_COOKIE, $_SERVER, etc and $this be able to be customized to a color of our choosing.

Thanks Dimitri

Please take this up higher on priority,

My Reason of why its so important.

We have many people working in the same file, CSS designers, HTML structure coders, and PHP/Smarty coders.

The PHP folks like myself deal directly with the form tags and it is so much easier for us to parse through long files and find hidden input fields, etc and do our thing.

Saves time.

We can care less about what the rest of the HTML looks like.

In fact all the PHP coders would GREY out ALL HTML codes and just leave the form tags colored. Razz

I'd rather they didn't add form tag highlighting and focused on some of the other suggestions in this forum, I personally haven't typed out form tags for years, my classes deal with all that, I just echo $field->get_html(),

I am however all for a different highlighting on the globals $_SERVER, $_GET, $_POST, $_COOKIE etc.
View user's profileFind all posts by BlackGasSend private messageVisit poster's website
Color Setting for HTML > Form tags