NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
[resolved] Code Template Shortcuts won't trigger?

I set Shift-Ctrl-I to a code template in HTML and when i use the shortcut I get the default <i></i> tags.
This should be over-ridden by custom shortcuts!! Even better, it also inserts <i></i> tags in my PHP code! What the?

And none of my shortcuts are actually working! Boo hoo!
Rolling Eyes

So here is an example - Shift-Ctrl-C should enter this code into a PHP5 code block, but the shortcut has no effect. Nothing....

i have 5517
and shortcuts dont work at all
i set some unique shortcut for inserting any template and nothing happens when using shortcut
i even set up the same shortcut to 2 different templates and i don't see them highlighted red
when set "ctrl+x" (fot cutting) it also should be red yes ? but it is not

tom

More code shortcut weirdness...

1. You can't override PhpEd's shortcuts eg: Ctrl-P won't work, but it won't display as red conflict either
2. You can't use CTRL+ALT keys in your shortcuts - what the ?!?
Site Admin

Quote:
I set Shift-Ctrl-I to a code template in HTML and when i use the shortcut I get the default <i></i> tags.
This should be over-ridden by custom shortcuts!!

there is no such things as custom or non-custom shortcuts. All the editor shortcuts are in just one pool. If you set Ctrl+Shift+C (per your screenshot) for a particular template, don't forget to unset Ctrl+Shift+Cfrom Editor Shortcuts->Miscellaneous->Close HTML tag.
Same goes for Shift+Ctrl+I which in fact conflicts with Editor Shortcuts->HTML tags-> < i >

Quote:
You can't override PhpEd's shortcuts eg: Ctrl-P won't work

You can override this shorcut, just unset conflicting command, see IDE Shortcuts -> File -> Print.

Quote:
You can't use CTRL+ALT keys in your shortcuts

Ctrl+Alt is not a shortcut. There are many commands that start with Ctrl+Alt, for example Ctrl+Alt+W