NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Code Navigator - icons instead of full words

Dear NuSphere,

I would greatly appreciate these changes in PHP Code Navigator:

1) The words "static", "public", "protected" were not shown by default and are displayed only if I mouseover on the icon - the icon is quite a good representation itself and the words are taking lots of space and making the function names starting at different position.

2) The variable and function names should be alligned, i.e. the first letter should start at the same position on each line. This would greatly improve Code Navigator readability and usability, because it is quite hard to navigate through lots of functions and properties in an uneven jumpy list caused by the "static", "public", "protected", etc. words.

3) The property names in classes should also have standa?td $ (dollar) sign before property name, just like global variables or variables inside functions/class methods.

Thank you.
Re: Code Navigator - icons instead of full words

+1

I second 1 and 2 "as is", but number 3 I would like to see as an option.

Airspray wrote:
I second 1 and 2 "as is", but number 3 I would like to see as an option.

In fact, I wouln't mind if all three points could be set as an option, the phpEd is quite optionless sometimes. Smile

I would like a fourth modification:

Please prevent code navigator from scrolling to the right upon selection clicking in a function body in the editor. It is great that alignment to the function name is being executed, however, when the parameter list is very long, the feature actually scrolls the function name out of sight. Sad

It should really force the cursor to the beginning of the navigator entry rather then the end.

Bob

bob_bharris wrote:
I would like a fourth modification:

Please prevent code navigator from scrolling to the right upon selection clicking in a function body in the editor. It is great that alignment to the function name is being executed, however, when the parameter list is very long, the feature actually scrolls the function name out of sight. Sad

It should really force the cursor to the beginning of the navigator entry rather then the end.

Bob

That's true. Perhaps it would be wise not to change left scrolling offset, unless it is necessary - i.e. change left offset only when function name is too short and window is scrolled too far to the right, so that after scrolling to the function the function would not be visible.
Code Navigator - icons instead of full words