NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Code navigator collapses

I expand the js code navigator to show my functions but as soon as I save everything collapses, simple json object, like below.

Code:

var obj = {
      foo: function() {

},
     bar: function() {

}
}

I've tried all the navigator settings and nothing seems to stop this happening, any suggestions?

Latest version of PhpEd.
View user's profileFind all posts by BlackGasSend private messageVisit poster's website
Guru master

Are you saving to a local drive or network share?

If it was a network share and there was a slight time difference, it is possible that PhpED is detecting the file as changed *after* you saved it, then doing an auto-reload together with an auto-collapse. Because you just saved the file it is now unchanged, so the auto-reload would be silent.

I've seen similar issues with many IDEs and editors with network shares, the best fix often being to ensure that all computers sync time the same. If it is a local drive and PhpED is auto-reloading, there might be something 'touching' the file to make it look changed.

In Settings > Editor > Code folding try unticking Auto-collapse on open (if not already unticked) and see if that makes a difference.

Alternatively, in Settings > IDE > IDE settings see if Auto reload modified files is ticked and try unticking that.

plugnplay

Local drive, tried both the settings, same behaviour, files are under version control but I can't imagine it is causing the issue, to be sure I tried on an un-versioned file in another location, same behaviour.

Real shame because as it is now the JS Code navigator is useless, think I will have to raise a support request.
View user's profileFind all posts by BlackGasSend private messageVisit poster's website
Guru master

It is a little strange because I tested with 14021 and worked fine. I don't like auto-collapse so I always have it turned off.

What build are you using?

14021 64Bit
Guru master

Sorry, just realised I was referring to editor view for expand/collapse, not the Code Navigator.

I think that Code Navigator does do a reset after a save. Probably it should not?

Whilst you can initially view classes/functions as expanded, you cannot for objects.

plugnplay wrote:
Whilst you can initially view classes/functions as expanded, you cannot for objects.

That will be it, should have noticed that, have to convert my bug request to a feature request.
Code navigator collapses