NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
code markup tools

A feature that I think would be a great edition to a php editor is code markup tools. I don't know about most people but I personally don't use any diagramming tools like for desinging classes for example. When I program I do all of it straigt in the ide, planning etc. What would be nice is to have some way to mark up the editor. If you notice for example phpedit has what is called quickmarks. Unlike breakpoints or bookmarks, a quickmark can be placed anywhere horizontally or vertically in the editor. The only problem with phpedit is that there is no way to save the quickmarks when you close the editor.

Another thing that would be nice is the abilit to add a title and description to bookmarks.

Also the ability to color code sections of code abitrarily. Sometimes when Im writing code it would be nice to color code a variable so I can keep track of the flow while writing. Or color code other sections so I can keep the flow of the code in the forfront of my mind.

In addition having the ability to fold code. Im not talking about using the method that maguma uses where they predetermine the folds. I mean having the ability to add or remove folds, and to place them where I want them.

I think another feature if anything that should be added out of what I mentioned is the ability to predefine color schemes for patterns. Currently you offer a set selection of objects that can be colored in the ide. But I would like to make my own color coded objects. Maybe I want some comments by default to be one color while others are another.

And of course all this should be saveable so that the next time I open the project all my markings are still there.

Jeff
code markup tools