NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
code insight when using require_once($var)

Hi

I am testing phped at the moment and so far i like this IDE

One question:

In my Projects I use something like
Code:
require_once($path_to_class."myclass.php")

(relative pathnames work local but they wouldnt fit the filestrucure on the server - due to symlinks)

Unfortunately phped (and no other IDE i tested so far) can understand this.

Is there any way to close this gap? For Instance an option in the project settings where you can assign a value for $path_to_class for local function insight. Would be great!

greetings
b
Site Admin

phped 3.3 update pack #2 will come with a good sulution for this situation.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

Has this been implimented? What is the work around?

I to work on files like this and code insite for my classes is broken Sad
View user's profileFind all posts by lagsalotSend private messageYahoo Messenger
Site Admin

sure. It is implemented.
You can open project properties and add include path to let code insight engine to look into different directories for the sources.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

Thanks!

This is the one hang up that was keeping Zend Studio installed.
View user's profileFind all posts by lagsalotSend private messageYahoo Messenger

ddmitrie wrote:
phped 3.3 update pack #2 will come with a good sulution for this situation.

What is the good solution you have implemented here?

Using only the filename from the include and search it in the whole project?

This is not enough (se this thread: code-completion-for-project-code-snippet-search-t1096.html#5015#5015)

and besides, what happens if I have the following structure:
/index.php
/core/functions.php
/libraries/functions.php
/custom/functions.php

and in index.php I write:
Code:

$inc1 = '/core/';
$inc2 = '/libraries/';
require_once $inc1.'functions.php';
require_once $inc2.'functions.php';

will it see all functions defined in both files?

Last edited by fplanque on Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

ddmitrie wrote:
sure. It is implemented.
You can open project properties and add include path to let code insight engine to look into different directories for the sources.

Smile You need to add a feature then to automatically "build" the include list recursively for an entire project tree. Then all our woes would be solved Smile
View user's profileFind all posts by Rick ChristySend private messageYahoo Messenger
Site Admin

Quote:
You need to add a feature then to automatically "build" the include list recursively for an entire project tree

This is already implemented in 3.3 update 3 and the list for whole the project is built automatically Smile, what you need to add into that list is the list of directories OUT of the project tree Smile if you have them of course.

ddmitrie wrote:
Quote:
You need to add a feature then to automatically "build" the include list recursively for an entire project tree

This is already implemented in 3.3 update 3 and the list for whole the project is built automatically Smile, what you need to add into that list is the list of directories OUT of the project tree Smile if you have them of course.

ddmitrie, sweet, thanks so much. will grab update 3.
View user's profileFind all posts by Rick ChristySend private messageYahoo Messenger
Site Admin

sure, example code-completion-for-project-code-snippet-search-t1096.html#5030#5030 won't be autocompleted in 3.3.3 w/o a little code modification. A workaround is to add require_once "b.php"; on the first line of b.php.
As of the "g" list I meantioned before, it's working to help code insight in finding files throught the project and directories in include_path.

But it still does not build up whole-the-project list of classes. It would require too many changes in 3.3. Next version's code explorer is better suited for this task. In other words, the improvement will come with the next version.
code insight when using require_once($var)