NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Code Insight array key name - eg. $_SERVER[*]

Is it possible to set up code insight to give you a list of available array keynames?

Particularly global arrays such as $_SERVER.

So you can type "$_SERVER[", and a drop down appear with a list of all the available keynames?

That's a good idea.

And how about getting rid of this little annoyance - when saving a file can a double click on the file name NOT select the "."!!??

I've just reported the same issue ($_SERVER array keys) - this WAS possible in 5.2 - I noticed straight away it was missing in 5.5.
View user's profileFind all posts by mailnet_ukSend private messageVisit poster's website
Guru master

Quote:
this WAS possible in 5.2

I wonder how you managed that then, it has been a feature request for ages but hasn't been implemented (yet?) afaik.
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website

Blizz wrote:
I wonder how you managed that then, it has been a feature request for ages but hasn't been implemented (yet?) afaik.

It worked at least in the previous 5.2 version I was working on - only for $_SERVER AFAIK. I could put in $_SERVER[' and get a code-completion list of things like HTTP_USER_AGENT, HTTP_REFERRER, REMOTE_ADDR etc.
View user's profileFind all posts by mailnet_ukSend private messageVisit poster's website
Guru master

I tested it on a 5.2 version before replying, with $_SERVER, and no such thing here.
Perhaps I'm missing something.
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website

mailnet_uk, please share how you were able to do that, cuz I could definitely use it, and have requested it for some time now.

danielwinter wrote:

And how about getting rid of this little annoyance - when saving a file can a double click on the file name NOT select the "."!!??

Daniel.... This won't be possible, as the "Save" dialog box is a Windows component, and not part of PhpEd.

I would have thought so too, but PhpEd is the only app I own that does this!
Veteran

It would be great if the intellisense could detect the key names that exist in any defined array.

I use arrays to avoid accidentally overwriting a variable through an include or something.
I have to constantly go to the array definition and find what key names I used.
Code Insight array key name - eg. $_SERVER[*]