NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Code folding UI complicates selecting of text for cut/paste

Ever since code folding was added I've found it's harder to select blocks of text starting at the beginning of a line. The problem is that the space occupied by the first character of the line is indistinguishable from the little bit of whitespace beside the code folding system's vertical line. You have to eyeball that 1/2 character space just right in order to select the text properly.

Please add a slight tint to the dead space to either side of the code folding system's vertical line. Better yet, when selecting text have it be such that mouse-down over the code folding line followed by mouse up inside the text area is treated as a selection beginning at the first character of text.
View user's profileFind all posts by SB3DSend private messageVisit poster's website
Guru master

Go to Tools > Settings and in the options dialog, go to Editor > Code Folding. Change the "Mark Placement" to "Gutter". Does that solve your problem? Smile
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website
That was it, thanks.

Yes, that was just the right suggestion - fast too!
View user's profileFind all posts by SB3DSend private messageVisit poster's website
Veteran

I'd still like to see triple-click line selection. Using the line numbers, and even worse, the text lines themselves (the IDE seems to be extremely picky about clicks at the beginning - I always manage to miss the first character when selecting, and yet, I can position the insertion point at the beginning without a problem for editing) involves a way-too-small click target. Triple-click makes that target the full width of your editing window. And since it's not currently used for anything else....
View user's profileFind all posts by bobwilliamsSend private messageVisit poster's website
Code folding UI complicates selecting of text for cut/paste