NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Code completion / tooltip support for javascript & CSS
Veteran

Hi,

I'm adding quite a lot of javascript (AJAX mainly) & CSS to my PHP pages and I'm wondering if it would be possible to extend the great code completion / tooltips that you implemented for PHP to javascript & CSS.

To make easier the recognition of the language, maybe only allow code completion in dedicated files : .js for javascript and .css for CSS for example.

What do you think ? Will it be possible for a future version (v5 or before) ?

Thanks a lot in advance,

*** PHPed, best IDE written ever !!!! ***
Veteran

Yes it would be nice if PHPEd could support javascript code completion, and a javascript help system.

I try to avoid using Javascript, but it is not possible, so it would be nice to get som help from the editor, when you tend to forget things like I do.

And ever since Ajax became so popular, I am finding my self digging into javascript documentation more and more often.

Put another vote for JavaScript code hinting and highlighting. The highlighting needs to be a little more in depth (i.e. words like document and getElementById should be recognized, but not as reserved words). Dreamweaver does a good job of JS highlighting. The code completion would be an extra great step, especially if it understood your JS classes the same way.

That would me my ultimate request too Smile my coding involves hundreds of lines of JS inside PHP and I really don't want to use other IDEs like Aptana,...

add another vote to this feature request. I havent built an app yet that doesnt include at least a little javascript. Currently, I find myself building the javascript outside of PhpED and then bringing it back into PhpED once it is all working.

Also, built-in support for Firebug would be SWEET!

Yes please, I too do a lot of js coding with PhpED, It would be most heplful
Veteran

You have my vote too! I do not mind debugging with FireBug, but some rudimentary functionality to help write JavaScript code would be most welcome Very Happy
View user's profileFind all posts by annoSend private messageVisit poster's website

Please count my vote too!

PhpEd has the best class view and code hinting/intellisense I have seen, and I believe this could be rewritten to parse JavaScript. With the onset of large JS libraries and AJAX, this is getting ever more important. Nowadays I use JSEclipse to code JS, but it would be much better getting the same possibilities within PhpEd.

+1 to the vote, would be very handy in my work.
View user's profileFind all posts by BlackGasSend private messageVisit poster's website

Totally agreed with everyone - JS completion/intellisense etc would be fantastic and I love the idea of have Firebug (or something along those lines) support integrated somehow into the IDE.

I definitely agree with this. I haven't upgraded my PhpED for a while but support for JS code completion/intellisense would make me upgrade.

Also something to consider when adding this would be support for mootools style class definitions (and other frameworks maybe?) e.g.

Code:
var MyClass = new Class({
    initialize: function(something) {
        this.someProperty = something;
    },

anotherMethod: function() {

}

});

var test = new MyClass('value');

then when I type "test.", it should be able to display the methods (and properties?) in the code completion popup. Also for "extends" and other functions mootools provides would be nice. Smile

You guys have done such a great job on the PHP intellisense, which was the reason I originally chose PhpED, I'm sure you can do just as well for javascript!

I too agree with this, javascript is used so much now that it would be worth while to get some code completion/tooltip support.
Code completion / tooltip support for javascript & CSS