NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Code completion

I have just moved over to phpEd from Zend studio for a variety of reasons (cost for multiple developers and increased stability).

One feature I cant find how to enable is code completion for classes that extend other classes.

eg:

Parent class

Code:

class dbaccess(){

function store(){

//some code
}
}

class user extends dbaccess (){

//some code

}

if i then include the user class all of its functions are there in code complete but none of the inherited ones from dbaccess.

thanks in advance

Barry
View user's profileFind all posts by neoblast007Send private messageMSN Messenger
Site Admin

Actually code should look like:

Code:
<?php
class dbaccess{
  function store(){
  //some code
  }
}

class user1 extends dbaccess {
  //some code
}

$v = new user1();
$v->|
?>

In this case it works Smile See attached screenshot:

I tested with phped 3.3 build 3338 (hotfix1)
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

ok great seems to work fine on the version I have at home just not on the 1 at work even though they are exact same version.

BTW the code is correct in the php pages I just wrote it down wrong, also the classes are spread over multiple files, but are still in the same project and workspace.
View user's profileFind all posts by neoblast007Send private messageMSN Messenger
Site Admin

The originally released version (3.3 prior to hotfix1) did not handle included files correctly. Behaviour of code parser in this version depends on if included file is opened in editor or not. It's been fixed.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Code completion