NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Code completion in v13

In v13, has code completion changed to show the current incomplete word first? for example:

$owner = 1;

Now I type $own the following appears in code completion popup:

$own
$owner

wasn't it just "$owner" in previous versions?

I don't remember but I seem to be getting caught out a lot more now when selecting the first word in the popup as it is not what I expected and have to arrow down every time. Maybe that is how it is meant to be but I prefer it just to come up with the last "used" variable as the first option, eg "owner" rather than the partial unused word.

Maybe I am wrong.....

You are not wrong, I have to get approval to upgrade any software on my work computer so I still have version 12 (12034) and the autocomplete do not have the partial word, only "$owner" appears, which I think makes way more sense. You should report this as an bug.

I just installed the latest version (13041) on a test machine and this problem does not exists. The code completion pops up with only $owner, they must have fixed it.

infc wrote:
I just installed the latest version (13041) on a test machine and this problem does not exists. The code completion pops up with only $owner, they must have fixed it.

You are right it has been fixed. For some reason I haven't been getting the change notifications. Still get all the"sale" emails so its not like they lost my email...
Code completion in v13