NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
code completion / extra newline

I'm evaluating PhpEd... Great editor!

The only 2 things bugging me:

I didn't find a way to disable automatic code completion and tooltips BUT to be able to show them *when I need them*.

On a lot of editors, you have to press CTRL-SPACE to show the functions/methods and CTRL-SHIFT-SPACE to show the parameters of a function/method.

I'm working on a windows XP platform and my webhosting is on a Linux platform.

I'm not 100% sure how to reproduce this problem but if I have a ".php" file on the linux side and I download it on my windows machine with FTP (using CuteFTP, not the internal PhpEd FTP system) and that I open the file with phpEd, each newline becomes TWO newlines...

Ex:

$test1 = 1 ;
$test2 = 2 ;
$test3 = 3 ;

becomes:

$test1 = 1 ;

$test2 = 2 ;

$test3 = 3 ;

Thanks for the help.
I'm considering buying your product.

Y.
Site Admin

Quote:
I didn't find a way to disable automatic code completion and tooltips

tools->Settings -> Code Insight tab, uncheck "enabled" in Code Completion group and "enabled" in Tooltips group.
Ctrl-Space and Ctrl-Shift-Space will continue work and show Code Completion and Code Tooltips respectively.

Quote:
...that I open the file with phpEd, each newline becomes TWO newlines

It's not a PHPED problem. You Linux ftp server or ftp client (CuteFTP) treats php files as ascii and converts \r to \n. Make sure you have set "binary" transfer mode in your FTP client. If it does not help, you have to either convert your files to Unix format (PhpED->File->Save As->File Format) or install another FTP daemon.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

ddmitrie wrote:
Quote:
I didn't find a way to disable automatic code completion and tooltips

tools->Settings -> Code Insight tab, uncheck "enabled" in Code Completion group and "enabled" in Tooltips group.
Ctrl-Space and Ctrl-Shift-Space will continue work and show Code Completion and Code Tooltips respectively.

Doesn't work for me. When I unckeck "Enabled" for "Code Completion" and "Tooltips", the keyboard keys don't work!

ddmitrie wrote:
Quote:
...that I open the file with phpEd, each newline becomes TWO newlines

It's not a PHPED problem. You Linux ftp server or ftp client (CuteFTP) treats php files as ascii and converts \r to \n. Make sure you have set "binary" transfer mode in your FTP client. If it does not help, you have to either convert your files to Unix format (PhpED->File->Save As->File Format) or install another FTP daemon.

Thanks, I'll try that.
Site Admin

Quote:
Doesn't work for me. When I unckeck "Enabled" for "Code Completion" and "Tooltips", the keyboard keys don't work!

Make sure you talk about phped 3.3.1
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

ddmitrie wrote:
Quote:

Make sure you talk about phped 3.3.1

It's 3.3 ... I'll try with 3.3.1. Thanks.

Last question:

Is there a way to NOT be able to click anywhere on the editor pane?

I mean:

If there is no characters on a line (and no whitespaces, no tabs), I'd like the cursor to appear at the beginning of that line where ever I click on it.
Site Admin

Quote:
If there is no characters on a line (and no whitespaces, no tabs), I'd like the cursor to appear at the beginning of that line where ever I click on it.

uncheck "cursor beyound the end of line" in the editor settings.

ddmitrie wrote:
Quote:

uncheck "cursor beyound the end of line" in the editor settings.

Thanks again.
code completion / extra newline