NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Close file by clicking on right of tab (see Firefox)

Self explanatory really, it would be nice to be able to close an open file tab by clicking on the right hand side of the tab rather than going across to the right of the screen or using a right mouse click. Same as in Firefox, it's just a bit quicker and great if you are lazy!

You could use the space taken by the php file icon (left of tab)
Re: Close file by clicking on right of tab (see Firefox)
Veteran

FatBob wrote:
You could use the space taken by the php file icon (left of tab)

If space is a concern, you can also hide the close button underneath the icon, and show it when the mouse moves over it. This is the behavior of Adium, and although it presents some usability concerns (and thus should be turned off by default), it does work well for making a close button available without taking up additional space.
View user's profileFind all posts by bobwilliamsSend private messageVisit poster's website
Veteran

Hmm... sorry to voice out against this, but this feature in Firefox 2 is the worst I've ever seen. In the past you could hover your mouse over the right hand side close link, and click 5 times to close 5 windows. Now you have to move your mouse around like a drunken fly to achieve the same thing.

rudder wrote:
Hmm... sorry to voice out against this, but this feature in Firefox 2 is the worst I've ever seen. In the past you could hover your mouse over the right hand side close link, and click 5 times to close 5 windows. Now you have to move your mouse around like a drunken fly to achieve the same thing.

I have Firefox V2.0 and this does not happen to me, it is point and click.

Something else that might be worth noting is that the tabs start out large and then get smaller as you open more, right down to a minimum size before scrolling off the screen.

When the feature would be most advantageous, is when you are closing windows, but not in the order that they come up for selection. As it stands you need to move back from the right and select the next tab to close and then back to the right to close it and then back and select and...........

I know you can use the F keys and right mouse, but somehow it seems more effort.
Close file by clicking on right of tab (see Firefox)