NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Checcking for $_GET is null

In some code I'm checking isset($_SERVER['QUERY_STRING']). Of course this condition is always false when debugging as DBGSESSID is set. Is there a way round this in the IDE or do I have to do it programmatically add isset($_GET['DBGSESSID']?
Site Admin

no, this query string is not always set. If you run debug session using debugger toolbar, the URL is not changed. Also, if the page is navigated from another page, you'll see clear URL too. In these cases DBGSESSID is set in the cookies, not in _GET.

Which toolbar are you referring to?
Veteran

I believe Dmitri is referring the debugger toolbar in your web browser. PhpEd installs a toolbar called NuSphere ToolBar in Internet Explorer. There is also one available for Firefox called DBGbar, developed by Ian Flory, one of the users here.

Thanks for gettting back to me. I never develop using IE so haven't see this. Thanks for the heads up on the Firefox add in, I'll look that over.

Charlie
Checcking for $_GET is null