NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Change file encoding for an open file

Please add some way to change the file encoding for an open file. I access all my files from the project tree, so it is very inconvenient having to find and access them via the File Open dialog in order to change the file encoding. Also when doing this, make sure to reread the file so the new encoding is applied.
Site Admin

Do you use many different encodings in your project? Please share your ideas on how the interface for changing/switching them would be done.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

Well, not that many, but I do have some projects where I need the PHP files to be in utf-8 and some projects where I need them in an 8-bit encoding. As to the interface, how about a file property dialog where you can set the encoding and line end convention and perhaps other things. ActiveState Komodo has this feature from which you can also detect and fix mixed line end conventions. Also, if the suggestion for file-specific settings was implemented, the problem would be solved right there.
Change file encoding for an open file