NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
CGI / FastCGI has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Hi

I had this initially working on one of my clients pcs (which I don't have access to as it is in a different country) the client encountered a problem where a SOAP app just stopped working and I repackaged for him to try on a different pc (the "web" files had changed a bit).

I tested the exe on two of my own computers and it worked fine .. on the customers pc he just gets ..
Quote:
CGI / FastCGI has encountered a problem and needs to close. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Any ideas for me please?

I had the same problem. What I did is copy the php directory to someplace safe and uninstalled the NuSphere-phpdock-2.0-php5.2.5-Win32.exe to get my machine in a similar state of a 'clean' computer. I then copied back the php director. What I did after that and this is the important part was fix the paths.

Edit php.ini to change the paths to relative. I changed mine to this:

;include_path = ".;C:\Program Files\nusphere\phpdock\php\..\include_lib;C:\Program Files\nusphere\phpdock\php\PEAR" <-old
include_path = ".;.\PEAR" <-new

;extension_dir = "C:\Program Files\nusphere\phpdock\php\extensions" <-old
extension_dir = ".\extensions" <-new

Edit phpdock.ini to change the paths to relative. I changed mine to this:

;application/x-httpd-php="C:\Program Files\nusphere\phpdock\php\php-cgi.exe" <-old
application/x-httpd-php=".\php\php-cgi.exe" <-new

That worked for me.

Thanks Kelic

I'll give this a try.

Thought I'd add the following: -

I found the following to work best for php.ini settings .. I ran into a problem where in a Danish customers PC C:\Program Files was in fact C:\Programmer the following makes the changes dynamically.

Code:
Filename: {app}\php\php.ini; Section: Session; Key: session.save_path; String: """{app}\php\sessions"""
Filename: {app}\php\php.ini; Section: PHP; Key: extension_dir; String: """{app}\php\extensions"""
Filename: {app}\php\php.ini; Section: PHP; Key: include_path; String: """.;{app}\php\..\include_lib;{app}\php\PEAR"""
CGI / FastCGI has encountered a problem and needs to close.