NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Cannot upload files to cheapy Fasthosts hosting using PhpED

I've just set up a cheap hosting package on Fasthosts for an external developer to do some work on.

I can SFTP and upload files using Fiilezilla and can correctly view/create files in PhpED's Explorer.

However, when I try to upload a file from the workspace (which is set correctly to the right folder), PhpED goes through the motions and says everything is OK, but the files are just plain not there on the server afterwards.

Anyone had a similar problem or able to shed some light on where I can look at a more detailed SFTP log for PhpED?

Will

OK, I've got this working now.

Deleted the publishing site, set it up again exactly (as far as I can tell) how I did before and now it's working.

No idea what was going on there, but at least I can get on with my job now.

Will
Site Admin

Looks like you did setup account with _different_ values in the 1st case. If you didn't see any errors while upload, it means that the files were trasnferred successfully. If you don't see them in right place, can be explained you entered Root directory pointing to another location. Try to find the files and you'll undestand what root you entered.

Yes, it was undoubtedly my fault, but as it was cheapy fasthost shared hosting I couldn't poke about and see where the files were actually going. Anyway, all is good now.
Cannot upload files to cheapy Fasthosts hosting using PhpED