NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Can you disable double-click on document tab?

Double-clicking on a document's tab seems to be a shortcut to hide all of your toolbars, tabs, etc. However, NuSphere seems to recognize two clicks as a double click, even if there is quite a bit of space in between each successive click.

I have three monitors. What happens is that when I'm going from one monitor (usually has my browser in it) back to the monitor that has NuSphere in it, I'll click on the tab of the document that I want. However, NuSphere doesnt recognize this first click and change to that document; it only brings the focus back to NuSphere. Then, if I again try to click on the document tab I want, NuSphere thinks I want to invoke this toolbar/tab hiding shortcut.

I dont believe this is a "windows thing" as other programs (like tabs in firefox and IE) dont have a problem with regaining the focus AND switching to the tab all with one click.

So, does anyone know of a way to either disable the shortcut (ie the double-click on the tab) or a way to shorten the amount of time NuSphere recognizes as a double-click?

Last edited by gilzow on Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:13 am; edited 3 times in total
Site Admin

Quote:
even if there is quite a bit of space in between each successive click

of course, it's windows recognizes two successive clicks as a double one. You may want to ajust click-speed in the Control Panel.

dmitri wrote:
Quote:
even if there is quite a bit of space in between each successive click

of course, it's windows recognizes two successive clicks as a double one. You may want to ajust click-speed in the Control Panel.

As I mentioned, this isnt a window's issue (ie control panel-->mouse-->buttons-->double-click speed). This is specific to PhpEd. PhpEd is recognizing two clicks as a double-click that are much farther apart than what windows is set to recognize. In other words, if I go into the mouse control panel applet and click twice (at the same speed I do inside of PhpEd on a document tab) on the tester, it doesnt recognize it as a double-click. But PhpEd *is* recognizing these two delayed clicks as a double-click, but ONLY on a document tab. Every where else inside of PhpEd two clicks at the same speed is recognized as two individual clicks.

Regardless, I just need to know if there is a way to disable this shortcut (double-clicking on a document tab to hide toolbars, tabs, etc), as it is much more of hindrance for me than a convenience.

not sure why this thread was marked as "resolved" when I still havent received an answer to my initial question.

I also have noticed this behavior - not terrible, but can be pretty annoying

zarembisty wrote:
I also have noticed this behavior - not terrible, but can be pretty annoying

Thanks. I feel better knowing I'm not the only one. Yea, it's not terrible; just really annoying.

I dug a bit deeper and found that this double-click on the document tab is invoking the Full Screen command. But I still can not find a way to either disable the Full Screen command altogether, or just disable the double-click shortcut.

gilzow wrote:
not sure why this thread was marked as "resolved" when I still havent received an answer to my initial question.

On phpbuilder.net for e.g. the poster is the one who marks a thread RESOLVED or NOT RESOLVED. Here, its seems like the Dmitry guy likes to mark it himself on unresolved issues. Answering a question to a problem does not necessary means its resolved. But he does it anyway. Rolling Eyes
Site Admin

This is not an issue and can not be replicated with correct mouse driver software that comes with original Windows (MS - supplied).
If you have something like logitech or genius and installed their drivers, don't be surprised that they create problems with clicks and scrolling.
Once again, PhpED has nothing to do with such issues and please consult with mouse driver authors.
Under "resolved" vs "not resolved" we understand state of the issue when its origin is known. If it was a bug and we had a fix for it, I'd change to [fixed].

Quote:
Here, its seems like the Dmitry guy likes to mark it himself

Yep, it's my work. But Robert, my name is Dmitri and I'd kindly ask you to spell it correct.

dmitri wrote:
This is not an issue and can not be replicated with correct mouse driver software that comes with original Windows (MS - supplied).
If you have something like logitech or genius and installed their drivers, don't be surprised that they create problems with clicks and scrolling.

No other drivers are installed except for the ones that come with Win XP SP2.

dmitri wrote:
Once again, PhpED has nothing to do with such issues and please consult with mouse driver authors.

Well, I'm sorry, but this ONLY happens in PhpEd and I can replicate it on numerous machines. It would also appear that I'm not the only one who has experienced this issue. AND, this is the most important part, my question is on

Quote:
HOW DO I DISABLE THIS SHORTCUT???

not the in's and out's of mouse drivers. All I want is a simple answer to how I can go about disabling this double-click shortcut. I'm NEVER going to use this shortcut. So whether the mouse drivers are working properly or not, I still want to disable the shortcut.

Jebus, I'm not some guy who's running the trial software here. I've been a customer since version 3 and have paid for each new version. I've been a member of the forum for over 4 years. Dimitri, I understand you are the admin of the forums, but PLEASE do not change the status of my post to RESOLVED when no one has actually answered my question. That is NOT how you should treat a paying customer.

Last edited by gilzow on Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Site Admin

Quote:
Well, I'm sorry, but this ONLY happens in PhpEd and I can replicate it on numerous machines

Don't be surprises that software replicates its behavior on different machines. I mean mouse drivers.

Did you by any chance try a machine with clear Windows?

Quote:
It would also appear that I'm not the only one who has experienced this issue

Because such mouse drivers are distributed amoung many many people.
Well, if you have no clear Windwos, would you mind to make an experiment?
Just uninstall all your mouse software COMPLETELY, switch back to MS - supplied one, make sure it's switched to MS (see screenshot below) and try double clicks in PhpED once again.

Last edited by dmitri on Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total

ok, I'll this one more time.... I do not care about the mouse. I dont. Seriously. I really, REALLY dont care about the mouse. I just want to do my job. And as it happens, the double-click on a document tab to invoke the Full Screen view command impedes my work. I just want to know how I can do that. I'm even ok with disabling the Full Screen view option altogether as I have never used it, and most likely never will.

So, please PLEASE give up on the mouse discussion. The mouse is irrelevant. Just forget I ever even mentioned anything to do with the mouse. Focus on the shortcut. How do I disable the shortcut OR how can I get rid of the Full Screen view command?
Site Admin

Unfortunately it can't be disabled because it is not a shortcut. I'm sorry, such things as double-clicks can hardly be called shortcuts...