NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Can PhpEd and Dreamweaver coexist?

I've been evaluating PhpEd and just tried to use Dreamweaver 8 in "Testing Server" mode. Even though I'm using Dreamweaver and not PhpEd, I get a "DBG 3.2.3 Failed to start DBG session" error message when I tried to view the page on my computer using xampp localhost. I assume that's because of the debugger statements that I've added to the php.ini file. Is there any way that they can peacefully coexist?

Thanks,
Site Admin

It looks like you turned on debugger.JIT_enabled in php.ini and it causes debugger to trigger on the errors/warnings/notices in the php code you run.
Quote:
Is there any way that they can peacefully coexist?

I believe they just can't affect each other.

Dmitri is correct, they do not affect each other. I am using PhpED (main development tool) simultaneously with Dreamweaver MX 2004 (layout, CSS), and have no issues. The only thing you should be wary of is when you have the same file open in both -- if you make changes in the one program, you should allow the other to reload the changed file.

Thank you both for you responses. Dmitri, you are correct--looks like the debugger.JIT_enabled was causing a problem. I removed the statements in php.ini, and both PhpED and Dreamweaver are functioning. Excellent!!
Can PhpEd and Dreamweaver coexist?