NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Can not create temporary file ...
Veteran

Hi ...

I think there are something to improvement ...

For example I have a small (or very big) prob. On the Linux's server there are some files named like this:

127.0.0.* or Ex*_A

And now I can not edit this file becouse PhpED can not create temporary file (becouse Windows not allow to create files when there is eg. * char in its name).

So sorry (really sorry) for this comparing, but eg. WinSCP converts eg the file 127.0.0.* into 127.0.0.%2A.

Regards

Then may I ask you what WinSCP would do if you create two files on your linux server: 127.0.0.%2A and 127.0.0.*?
and may I ask you what prevents you from creating only files that do not create problems? For example, you might create 127.0.0.%2A in stead of 127.0.0.*.

Good point dmitri Smile good point ...

I have created the file named 127.0.0.%2A and also named 127.0.0.*. Then if I edit the file 127.0.0.%2A by WinSCP then its content would has written into 127.0.0.*. Thats not good, not goot at all.

But... in rest of my solution best using is "*" in file's names and there is some very good reason to naming files with "*" char.

this is not portable file name, anyway. I'd recommend you to avoid such names.