NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Can my Code Insight be broken?

Maybe I'm missing something, but why doesn't phpEd (14) validate any variables any more?
I can type whatever I want, but it never checks anything if it actually exists?
For Example: It does autocomplete / suggest the function names on classes, but I still can type what I want and it doesnt inform me the function doesnt exist.
Both in classes and seperate coding.
Like in the following example, which contains multiple errors.

Is there somethig wrong with my installation? or is there something which might've been disabled or something?
Would really love help with this, as its really annoying.
Site Admin

Such thinngs were never validated, it's not so trivial in general because php is a very dynamic language.

Huh really? now I feel stupid
Guess I got personal usage-software things mixed up with the software i use at work then, my appologies.

That said tho, how do I get rid of the "running low on virtual memory" message? this is buggin me ever since PHPed 12 i think.
I read some other threads on this forum about this, but cant make it stop.
Site Admin

well, say you type $a->abc(), is this call valid? You can't say until you find what class instance is in $a. In general, $a may contain any class instanace and we have to track all assignements that may change $a, then check further assignements until we get them all finished at new XXX() and clone() calls. In some cases, such tracking is hardly possible (if possible at all). That's what I was about to say.

Regarding "virtual memory" -- just open task manager and close the application that took the most memory.
If it is phped takes too much (which is possible) -- revise your project and remove duplicated directories, minified versions of the same files, fat frameworks and so forth. You don't have to remove them phisically. Just add to the list of directories to hide in the project settings.