NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Can I use NuSphere if I am using a shared hosting company?

I presently use GoDaddy for my hosting company. Is there any way that I can use NuSphere with a shared hosting company?

Thanks
Veteran

PhpEd is not directly related to your hosting company. You can use it no matter what host you have.

If you need a more specific answer, then please provide more details.

It was my understanding that to test my php code using the PhpED IDE I needed to load certain executables on the host server that I would be using. Since I am using a "public" shared server via a hosting company I cannot load executables onto their servers. Therefore does this mean that I can't use the testing factilities of PhpED if I am using a shared server hosting service like GoDaddy, or any other of the hundreds of services for that matter?

Are you referring to the remote debugging capabilities of PhpEd? If so, then yes you will need to be able to dynamically load shared modules (.so) for linux or dynamic link libraries (.dll) for Windows hosts, and configure the dbg module on the server. I haven't done this yet for dbg, but my hosting provider (icdsoft.com) allows this configuration in php.ini files on a per-directory basis. I use it to load PhpExpress to serve files encoded with NuCoder, and it works great!
View user's profileFind all posts by unarmedmanSend private messageVisit poster's website

yes you can use NuSphere with a shared hosting company? but check the testing factilities of PhpED...................

Hi, akkisingh,

Your statement ends with a question mark. Are you asking me or telling me? If you are telling me then you are saying that I can run PhpED on my desktop and test with a shared host (I am using GoDaddy) and I don't have to upload any executable code to the host (Which they won't allow!) ?

Thanks
Can I use NuSphere if I am using a shared hosting company?