NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Can block comments be customized in editor?

Hello - Is there any way to customize the block comment settings in the PHPEd editor? I work with Smarty a lot, and it would helpful to be able block-comment a selection in a .tpl file by pressing Ctrl+Shift+/, like in PHP or Javascript code.

As an alternative approach to the above: When creating a snippet, is it possible to include a placeholder for the text selected in the editor, something like:
{* [selection] *}
That way, if the snippet is linked to a shortcut key, one could select text and press the key, and the selection would be wrapped in comment tags.
Thanks in advance!!
Site Admin

sorry, there is no support for block comments in smarty. Moving post to feature request folder

Hi Dmitri,

I understand that there is no block commenting for Smarty in the current version of PHPEd - but how about my more general question, concerning ways to work around that, like with a snippet that can incorporate the current selection in the editor? (OR... is there some way to create our own block comments in a configuration file?)

Thanks again,
Gordon

@gskrammer

Hi, If all you require at this stage is a snippet, they are very easy to make as I have discovered courtesy of @dmitri.

I have made some blocks for PhpDoc etc that have saved me oodles of brainache.

Kind regards,

jB Cool

Many thanks for your message, jB! I hope you are keeping well in this time.

I do already work with snippets and find them extremely useful. Are you able to answer my original question: How to create a snippet that incorporates the text selected in the editor, like:

{* [selection] *}

That way, I could assign it to a shortcut key, then create a Smarty comment by selecting text and pressing the key.

Thanks also to Dmitri for continuing to develop and support PhpED! I have tried *many* PHP IDEs, and PhpED continues to support my work process better than anything else out there!

Regards,
Gordon
Site Admin

gskramer wrote:
How to create a snippet that incorporates the text selected in the editor

Perhaps, this is a good example http://forum.nusphere.com/howto-use-a-php-script-for-my-editing-t753.html

Thank you, very helpful! I was able to do what I wanted following that example.
Can block comments be customized in editor?