NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Cache Size Limit

Hello

I recon this might have been asked a thousand times...but the deal is that in my situation I REALLY need a MUCH bigger cache size then 8mb.
We are hosting web management software for multiple clientes on the same server. Each client have a completly different system folder and database. Theres very little static data or static pages, and the php files for the framework and system core are pretty huge.

I was using eaccelerator at 256mb (got used up to about 210), but it went on a crashing rampage out of the clear blue sky.

PHP Express seems like a much more refined extension, but Im afraid the cache size limit will ramper me from using it.

If theres any possible feedback on this please let me know,
Thanks

i have the same question
8mb? it's ridiculous... Laughing

please tell us how to raise this value
Site Admin

What makes you thinking it's ridiculous? Is there any strong reason to think so?
In my opinion, it depends on situation and phpexpress uses memory quite effectively, so 8MB is enough for many cases. If you think that it's not enough for you, check the numbers -- how many requests hit the cache and how many miss after one working day. If you see 97% hit ratio, it means that adding for example 256MB would affect only 3% of requests, but this amount of memory reserved for an application can't leave disk cache intact and may dramatically affect whole the system performance. So, it's by far not that ridiculous. It depends on what you store in these 8MB and how.