NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Bug in PhpExpress 3.0.9. Reported via email *resolved*

Hello,

I am reporting here the same issue I've reported to you via website contact form.

Quote:
Hello,

I believe I've found a bug in your phpExpress product.
After installing vBulletin it tells me to delete the install dir and unable to do so unless I restart the server to unlock the files.

I have reproduced this issue with phpExpress 3063 build in both PHP 5.2.17 and PHP 5.3.27 when using Windows 7.
The problem seems to the that 3063 doesn't release file locks after php file execution.
This problem did not exist with the 3059 build of your product and, by checking the changelog of Nu-Coder, I have reasons to believe that issue was caused by this bugfix.

0004300: [Bug report] Loop with include() calls may leak memory in PhpExpress

If you require further information please contact me. I will also, in mean time, try to create a small reproducer script for this bug.

I replied to the message with a small sample script that reproduces the issue:
Code:
<?php echo phpexpress(); ?>

The issue happens exactly with that script, any change to above code will not reproduce issue.

I've later replied again, stating that an issue happens with a popular forum software called XenForo:
Quote:
I've also experienced another issue. This time with xenForo installer where it throws a cannot redeclare class error.

Fatal error: Failed to load cached file ([path]\library\Zend\Db.php)

Cannot redeclare class zend_db in [path]\library\Zend\Db\Adapter\Abstract.php on line 27

My current workaround to this was going to your Russian download site and download 3.0.7 to replace the extension installed in my server.

Regards,
Jorge Silva

This problem seems to have been fixed by version 3.0.10 (build 3065).
Site Admin

We received your reports and replied to you two times. Please check your server logs to see why you didn't receive our replies.