NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Bug Chrome Embedded Debugger trigerring "onblur" t

Hi
Using PHPED 15.0
Do you have the same bug ?
Just try the following php script and test is in the Chrome Embedded Debugger (Embedded Mozzilla and Embedded IE are giving good result)
By my side, if I start to press any key in the input text, the focus is instantely lost, trigerring then the "onblur" event. This is a really annoying bug.

<?php
if(isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['checkval'])) {
echo "it's good";
exit;
}
?>
<head>
<script src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.9.0/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
function check_value(val) {
$.ajax({
url: "/onblurtest.php?checkval=" + val,
async: false,
cache: false,
success: function (result) {
$('#response').html(result);
}
});
}
-->
</script>
</head>
<html>
<body>
<input name="keywords" type="text" value="Seach" onclick="this.value='';$('#response').html('');" onkeyup="check_value(this.value)" onblur="this.value='Search'" autocomplete="off" size>
<div id="response"></div>
</body>
</html>
Guru master

I created an empty onblurtest.php so that the Ajax worked then used your code; worked fine in embedded Chrome for myself. Didn't lose focus when I typed.

I do all of my browser debugging using external browsers, so I'm not familiar with issues that may exist in embedded browsers.

Bear in mind that some PhpED debug events could possibly cause focus to be lost, at least within the IDE. Is the Ajax causing a onblurtest.php to run in debug mode and causing the loss of focus? Does the problem occur when running the code in non-debug mode?

The problem occurs ONLY in Chrome Emedded Browser ONLY during DEBUG session and yes, it's the ajax request which cause the loss of focus, but again the same ajax request does not cause a lost of focus in either IE or Mozzilla embedded browsers
Bug Chrome Embedded Debugger trigerring "onblur" t