NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Bug: Breakpoint/gutter on non PHP file

There is a display error/issue on non-php files when breakpoints are set in the gutter. Below is a shot illustrating this:

As you can see there is no red dot image or highlighting occuring on this file. I am guessing it is because there is some internal system saying that .tpl files should be rendered as HTML and it is not possible to debug HTML. If this is the case, is there some way you can correct this in the future? What's strange is that it seems like it's letting me set a breakpoint there:

The file is a .tpl file which is parsed by the smarty template engine. PhpEd 3 used to handle this just fine. In fact I set breakpoints in my templates before and shift-f8'd to jump straight to them from the file that contained the code that parsed the template Smile

Here is a PHP file shot showing it works in .php files for same project/system/etc:
View user's profileFind all posts by Rick ChristySend private messageYahoo Messenger
Site Admin

currently .tpl extension is listed in HTML group. See Tools->Settings->Associations
If you want v4 to treat tpls as php, just remove their extension from HTML and add for PHP4 and/or PHP5
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

ddmitrie wrote:
currently .tpl extension is listed in HTML group. See Tools->Settings->Associations
If you want v4 to treat tpls as php, just remove their extension from HTML and add for PHP4 and/or PHP5

Ok will do that. Thanks Smile
View user's profileFind all posts by Rick ChristySend private messageYahoo Messenger
Bug: Breakpoint/gutter on non PHP file