NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
branding?

Does phpdock come unbranded? Meaning the applications produced with it are not labeled with something like "Packaged by phpDock"?
If so, do you offer debranding?
Veteran

I am not sure I completely understand you question. PhpDOCK will not alter your application in anyway - think of its presentation layer as you think of IE. You are running thousands of applications via Internet Explorer, but they don't get any footer like "Powered by IE". However, the icon on the desktop is that of IE.
I am sorry if I misundertood your question - please clarify it if possible. best regards.

I too would like to option to have PHPDock brandable.

While I agree that the dock is just a presentation layer at the end of the day like IE, it would still be nice to brand it for our company.

Yes... I mean being able to make the actual application they load have its own icon that I choose, and so on.
Site Admin

with v2.0, we'll add an ability to change icon if you ask about it.
and it will have "About" window with a) your project info (this part will be up to you) and b) phpdock reference.

What is the road map for v2 ?

Hi,
Just another vote for an icon change function. I'm planning to release one app per month this year, all with phpDock, and all to the target audience. I expect each customer will eventually purchase 2-3 or more of these apps, especially as I'll be offering a bulk discount. It would be great not to have the same icon for each of them.

Andy

Actually, one solution is to change the icon in the shortcut which is created using the installer application, eg for NSIS installer the command is

CreateShortcut link.lnk target.file [icon.file] [icon_index_number] [start_options] [keyboard_shortcut] [description]

That'll solve my problem, as I'm not to worried about the icon displayed in Windows Explorer, since each application will be in different install folders.

Andy
Veteran

Ragarding the roadmap - we are in process of defining the releases for the upcoming quarter, for all of the products, PhpED, PhpDock, Nu-Coder, PhpExpress, TechPlatform.
The next release is going to be PhpED 5.0.
As far as PhpDock v 2 goes I can on;ly say it is winthin 6 months. I know you want something more specific - please check back in about 3-4 weeks.
Thanks!

It's a shame there isn't an option for complete private labelling of the distributed package. Having references to PhpDock could confuse some users

e.g.

"why is something called PhpDock trying to access the Internet and causing the Windows firewall to pop-up a dialogue box? I've no idea what PhpDock is and I don't recall installing it. All I've installed recently is this fantastic app that calculates currency exchange..."
Site Admin

No shame at all. This just is a common way for almost all the companies to protect their copyright. How otherwise we could say it's our PhpDock was used? Say if you deploy mysql with your free application, can you rename mysql and make it saying it's your DB? The proper answer is "Never" Smile

What about applications developed using other platforms e.g. Delphi or Visual Basic?

Since when has rebranding or private labelling been synonymous with copyright violation?

There's still the issue of user friendliness.
branding?